Tuesday 18 November 2014

Tutorials with Sharon... My feedback

As part of our course it's important to sit with our tutors and talk through every aspect of our studies. Today I had my first tutorial with Sharon about our blogs. 
Here is my feedback sent to me via email..

Charlee,

Your blog is carefully constructed and considered and evidently shows your engaged interest in this project, and I have enjoyed reading through your evaluations at each stage.  
What is particularly successful; is your use of practice outside of class – well done here.  
What you need to evidence more of is your design development. Drawings, face charts, out of class practice – post your mistakes as well as your successes.  Without reflecting on these you will not fully understand how to move your design thinking process on.  

You also need to begin considering all the research you have engaged in hand how does it now begin to fit in with your design development, and final image.
Don’t forget to document your feedback sessions with Kat and myself.
Harvard referencing:  this will help you focus on how to document it. http://mycourse.solent.ac.uk/mod/book/view.php?id=3381


I look forward to seeing how you will now bring all these elements together.

Sharon


Having this tutorial has allowed me to see where my blog and research is lacking, I now know I need to document more evidence of my practical trials, why my work is relevant to the brief and all my face charts I have done in preparation for my assessment. 
I also know I need to improve on being critical about my work, this will help me and my design progress and to learn from my mistakes. I have tried to be less critical in myself for my time in University and clearly I'm now not critical enough! Old Charlee is back from now on!

I also took the opportunity to inform Sharon of my new found love of blogging! I'm so grateful the university allows us to document our work in such a way, I really was nervous at the thought of blogging but there was no need. Blogging is now one of my favourite hobbies.. even if I'm not an expert, yet!

I look forward to taking on Sharon's advice and guidance from today and I will begin operation improve blog tonight! Thanks Sharon! x

No comments:

Post a Comment