Monday 20 October 2014

Contemporary Elizabethan

Contemporary Elizabethans.

Reminds me of The Virgin Queen....
Pinterest. Erin Bailey. Clothes. Date Anon. Viewed 20/10/14. Available at:http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/45106433738558153/
This image is a modern take on Traditional Elizabethan fashion, hair and make up.
This image visually engages me due to its close similarity to the traditional look. 

I have made here a collage of my 6 favorite Modern takes on Elizabethan makeup.
These images have all taken a different path when the artist was designing the looks. Some images are Avant garde, some are standard beauty and some are high fashion. All these images show me the versatility I have when designing my own 'modern Elizabethan'  its shows me I don't have to be 100% historically correct but I just have to incorporate certain things so my viewers can recognize where my inspiration came from and that they can connect it to the Elizabethan Era.


Images that show STATUS and WEALTH.
Elizabethan portraiture often provides us with the knowledge of the sitters status, are they wealthy? do they have that ideal beauty that we can connect this status too? are they poor? All these portraits are able to show us this. I have found a few modern images that show a persons wealth and status within an image.


I cant control my obsession with Kim Kardashian (Sorry Sharon) which is probably why I chose this picture but for people who don't know Kim and Kanye would look at this image and instantly assume 'These people are wealthy', why? because of the Private jet.
Vogue Magazine. Kim and Kanye Interview. 2014. Viewed 20/10/14. Available at:
 http://theybf.com/2014/03/24/kim-kanye-north-more-pics-from-%E2%80%98vogue%E2%80%99-spread-released


Here, is another image of  two women who you would instantly perceive to be Wealthy, why? The designer handbag and big fur coats. A woman's dress sense can usually provide a great amount of information about their lifestyle.
Guardian. Article. Russia's Rich.2011.Viewed 20/10/14. Available at: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/apr/11/russia-rich-richer-poor-poorer]


No comments:

Post a Comment