Tuesday 2 December 2014

My Assessment and Blog Evaluation

My Final Evaluation
I feel I have learnt a lot during this unit. My research is thorough and is mirrored to my final design. I do however, think I need to do more research within the form of reading books, this is the area my research lacks.
Working closely with another student has allowed me to learn the steps of a designer and of a makeup artist. I have learnt to communicate thoroughly with one another and believe this has ultimately made the success of both of our assessments. I believe I have created a design that references the Elizabethan era in a great way as well as making it contemporary.
For my assessment I think the overall finish of my images look great and I am very pleased with them. During the practice process I did struggle with getting my application of my partner Kerry's design 100% correct, which became very stressful at times. However, persevering and determination made sure that I got the part I was really struggling with done fantastically during the live assessment. I seemed to struggle to get the white around the eyes correct it was either too low, too high, out of proportion or not symmetrical. The final look was great but it wasn't 100% symmetrical looking at the final images.
There are a few other things I am unhappy about, I just managed to finish the overall look during our assessment and believe not practicing the application of the pearls during trials was a huge mistake. My partner did not bring them in prior to our assessment which meant I was unable to practice, this definitely effected my time. I completed everything my partner wished for in her design. If I was to do this assessment again I would definitely allow myself more time to practice WITH additional props.


Blog Evaluation- 
At the beginning of this course I was dreading having to do a blog, the thought of it made me panic as I have never done anything like this before. Fast forward to two weeks into the blog posting and I absolutely loved it! The fact I can say and do what I want on my blog is fantastic. I love how informal I can be considering it's a University project.
I think I have done extremely well with my blog and I am really happy about the overall outcome.
I have been able to document my research and findings so much more easier here, as I can do it on the go and while at home studying! Blogging has now become a hobby of mine and I cant wait to start my new unit and to continue on this blogging extravaganza.

No comments:

Post a Comment