Tuesday 30 September 2014

Induction Week! First day of Southampton Solent University.

                                   Second Day of Solent                                     The Mask Project


The Mask Project. Creating an embodiment of who you want to be, based on the ideas from your summer project. On my second day at Solent we made masks out of brown paper bags, tissue paper, card, pens and all things arty! 


[The set up of a messy, creative table!]

[Me, Myself and my Mask.]

 [Using my bag as a potential fashion statement?]


[My bag lady enjoying Lunch in the park]

[My bag lady being modeled by another student at Solent
As she was a photography student she loved the idea of having graffiti in the back
ground and it worked well! ]

Making these masks allowed us students to create something from scratch, based on ourselves, giving us the chance to experiment, be silly and play with different colors and textures.
We could be completely original.

This task also gave us a chance to mingle with some of the other students who will be in our group for the next year. 


[Here is a short, flipgram video of a few more images I have from today's task. Video created by myself with images i have taken]

No comments:

Post a Comment